WI AHEC will be hosting its 9th annual Interprofessional Healthcare Case Competition on January 6th and 7th in Rothschild, WI. This competition is for health profession students from any degree or discipline. The structure of this year’s competition will be the same as last year, again hoping to increase the number of student participants (see below). This event is for both undergraduate and graduate students, with the goal in mind that all students will learn the concept of Interprofessional education, collaboration, and practice. The application opens on September 1st, 2021, and the deadline for student sign-up is October 15th!
- Students create a team of 4 to 5 students, with at least three different degrees/professions represented.
- Again, this year, is an application for individual students, this application will assist students that want to participate in the case competition, but do not have the connections to form their own team, these students will be placed on an existing team or a team of individual applicants.
- Every student team that applies will receive the opportunity to participate in the case study. The student teams will receive a case study (every team receives the same case) and each team will conduct an analysis of interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client.
- All teams will submit a 3-page executive summary, one-page budget by December 1st.
- During the week of December 13th, at least one team from each WI AHEC region will be selected to present their oral PowerPoint presentation findings to a panel of judges on the competition event date.
The statewide competition event date will be held on January 6 & 7, 2022 at the Stoney Creek in the Wausau, WI. I have attached a promotional flyer and here is a short video that explains the event.
The applications for the AHEC Case Competition open September 1st, 2021, and will remain open until all spots are filled.
- Team Application Link
- Individual Application Link (FOR STUDENTS THAT WANT TO PARTICIPATE BUT MAY NOT HAVE THE CONNECTIONS TO FORM A TEAM)