UW CIPE in collaboration with UW SMPH Academic Affairs and the Wisconsin Society of Pharmacy Students Operation Diabetes Committee is hosting the Interprofessional Knowledge Exchange Series on Diabetes later this week on Thursday November 19th at 4:00-5:30pm using Zoom at https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/95202124424.
We are pleased to host this KES Blood Sugar Rising Panel Discussion with participation of six subject-matter panel experts:
- Dawn Belt Davis, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Director of Research, Director, UW–Madison Comprehensive Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine – Division of Endocrinology; Section Chief, Endocrinology, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Gwen Klinkner, DNP, RN, BC-ADM, CDCES, Diabetes Clinical Nurse Specialist, UW Health
- Sarah Kruger, DNP, RN, Professor Emeritus, UW–Madison School of Nursing
- Eva M. Vivian, PharmD, PhD, MS, CDCES, BC-ADM, FADCES, Professor (CHS), UW–Madison, School of Pharmacy
- Denise L Walbrandt Pigarelli, PharmD, BC-ADM, RPh, B.S. Pharm, Associate Professor (CHS), Chair, School of Pharmacy Curriculum Committee
- Rene Walters, MS, CDE, RDN-CD, Diabetes Supervisor, Endocrinology-West Clinic
The learning objectives for the panel discussion include:
- Describe the current state of health (and wellbeing) of those at risk for, and patients with diabetes locally and nationally.
- Discuss the role of interprofessional teams, including patients/families and their community, in the health promotion, prevention, early diagnosis and care for patients with diabetes and those at risk.
- Learn more about the advancement in diabetes management and care.
Please join us on Thursday, November 19th, at 4:00-5:30pm via Zoom at https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/95202124424.
To watch the PBS Blood Sugar Rising Documentary before the panel discussion, please visit: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/blood-sugar-rising/home/watch/.