The UW Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (UW CIPE) and the Master Public Health Program in the UW School of Medicine and Public Health present a Knowledge Exchange Series (KES) which includes a film screening of the film AFTERSHOCK and a panel discussion to follow.
Following the preventable deaths of their loved ones due to childbirth complications, two families galvanize activists, birth-workers and physicians to reckon with one of the most pressing American crises of our time – the US maternal health crisis.
Thursday, April 13th, 2023 from 5:00-8:30 pm
Signe Skott Cooper Hall- Room 1121 (Auditorium)
701 Highland Avenue Madison, WI 53705
Light refreshments will be served
Panel Discussion with:
- Micaela Berry-Smith, B.A.– Program Manager for Maternal and Child Health Initiatives- Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
- Cheryl Casey’Grant– Outreach Specialist-Depart. of Obstetrics & Gynecology UW SMPH
- Chandra Lewis, CBD – HVD – Executive Director, Harambee Village Doulas (Madison, WI)
- Zakiyyah Sorensen, RN BSN– Outreach Manager, UW Collaborative for Reproductive Equity
- Felicia Turner-Watson- Founder of Healing our Hearts (Madison, WI)
CLICK HERE TO Learn more and RSVP for this event