Presented by the Geriatric Interest Group and Center for Aging Research and Education (CARE) at UW-Madison School of Nursing.
Careers in Aging, Across Health Professions
- When: April 22nd, 1:30-3pm
- Where: The Auditorium in Signe Skott Cooper Hall, 701 Highland Ave
Snacks and refreshments will be provided!
Meet the Panelists:
- Magda Bertalan, Geriatric Social Worker at UW Hospital
- Gabriel Cranley, Occupational Therapist and Therapy Manager at Capitol Lakes continuing care retirement community
- Kari Hirvela, Geriatric Clinical Nurse Specialist at UW Hospital
- Mara Kieser, Consultant Pharmacist for long term care organization
The recent global pandemic has brought to the forefront the need for more professionals that provide care and services to the aging population.
Join to help raise awareness of the diverse career paths to provide care and services for our aging population. Opportunities abound in universities, senior living communities, hospitals, long-term care, assisted living communities, and other workplaces.
Listen, learn, and ask questions to healthcare professionals who specialize in the geriatric population – and get clinical hours!